Monday, March 18, 2013

Schnitzel, skiing and schnapps


I was so fortunate to be able to go skiing with my family and their friends for the sports holiday that the kids have.  Its common for a lot of families to go to Austria or Switzerland to go skiing during that week. We went to Arosa in Switzerland (which was where Kate Middleton and William were skiing that weekend as well!). No, we didnt see them...

Andreas and I "prosting" to the wonderful weather, fresh snow, and cold german beer.

View from the top! 

 Ella, Elsa and Gabriel on the mountain. Gabriel on top of the snow/ice castle.

 View from lunch at the lodge.  We ate so much while we were there. We had schnitzel, beer, pasta, wine and schnapps! I thought Andreas was joking when he spoke about ordering schnapps.  One shot for me, and then I proceeded to have the biggest (but only) fall down the mountain. No more schnapps for Emily.













Ella, Elsa and I on the chair lift.



Elsa, Alfred, Gabriel and Ella.

 I love ski in, ski out.  You can ski all the way back to your hotel, no shuttle necessary.

Bitte ein bier. Prost!

Best part was the beautiful weather we had, and clear blue sky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment