Monday, October 21, 2013

Barcelona, Spain

Barcelona, Spain July 2- July 5

After what seemed like hours of wandering around Las Ramblas street in Barcelona, I lugged my suitcase up 3 flights of stairs, pushed open the door to my hostel, and found Daron sitting there on the couch, looking much less haggard than I, even after her overseas flight.  At this point it had been over a year that we had joked and then thought more seriously, and then evaluated the finances, and eventually started booking and planning this trip that was finally here! 




First stop, Sagrada Familia.


Both of us were completely engulfed in Gaudi's work, even if I had just seen this masterpiece the year prior.



View from Parc Guell, another work of art by Gaudi.






Parc Guell.

Finally time to catch up on the last 10 months of our lives.








More Gaudi.  On top of Casa Mila, also known as La Pedrera.





Coffee and postcard time, one thing I loved most about our trip. Those breaks to rest and rejuvenate, that allowed us to reflect on the beautiful cities we were seeing, and how lucky we were to get to do so.








The famous La Boqueria market off Las Ramblas.





Since we were in Barcelona over the Fourth of July, we planned to spend it with some fellow Americans, Alex, Sasha, Elias and Daron and I.



Next stop Ibiza, with these lovely people!

No comments:

Post a Comment