Monday, October 7, 2013

Mina föräldrars resa till Sverige.




In mid-June, I warmly welcomed the arrival of my parents to Stockholm as well as the summer weather that I thought would never arrive.  After 9 months, my parents looked just as I remembered them.  It was their first trip to Sweden and first time meeting my Swedish family.  It was as if both of them had known each other for years.  One night, we went to a restaurant called Gondolen for dinner and drinks and one of the best views of Stockholm.




Sunset with hot air balloons.





One day my parents and I took a boat from Lidingö to Finnhamn to enjoy the Swedish archipelago.








 Strandvägen.


Before brunch at the Grand Hotel.






After brunch we explored the city including one of my favorite spots, Gamla Stan. 




Best shopping in Stockholm, followed by fika at the Diplomat.







 We walked along the waterfront or Strandvägen all the way to Djurgården, an island in the middle of Stockholm.  

 The thought of leaving these kids is unbearable. 




Another archipelago trip to Waxholm with both families.



It was so much fun to have my parents finally get to see where I have been living the past year, and see what I have been doing.  I loved having both my families together, but 10 days was too short.




No comments:

Post a Comment