Thursday, December 5, 2013

Berlin, Germany


November 1st-3rd was my last trip in Europe, for now.  Don't worry, I am already planning a trip back! But I have acknowledged that I will probably never live in Europe again.

Danielle and I flew directly from Amsterdam to Berlin and met with Alex, the German exchange student my family hosted in 2005, her brother, Nikolai, and a few of their friends.

Through the years Alex, Nikolai and I have kept in contact and seen each other occasionally, but since living in Europe for the past year, we haven't had a chance to meet up until now.  Alex lives in Graz, Austria with her boyfriend and their two adorable boys, and Nikolai lives in Munich, Germany, so we all decided to take a trip and meet in Berlin.  

I can't explain how nice it was so see both of them.  We have all changed so much throughout the years, but it was especially fun exchanging stories about living abroad since Alex and Nikolai both spent a year studying in the US.



Alex and I.


Brandenburg Gate.




The TV tower which makes up a distincitve part of Berlin's sky line stands in Alexanderplatz, where our hostel was.


Alex and Nikolai.


Some of the crew on the walk to brunch after a night of partying.  Martin, Till, Nikolai.



Much needed coffee.


Brother and sister.



Perfectly describes their relationship.



Train station.

 Berlin is a fantastic city to party in, but not so much to sight see.  It is a really big city, which stores a lot of history.  Can't say it is my favorite city in Europe, but we still had so much fun.

Subway window.


Nikolai and I.
 



Berlin wall.





Sight seeing.

At last, one of the many German beers we enjoyed while in Berlin.








No comments:

Post a Comment