Friday, November 2, 2012

3 weeks late- Pilot

3 weeks ago, on October 10, 2012 I left Seattle-Tacoma International airport leaving my friends and family in the Pacific Northwest for the experience of being an au pair for a Swedish family living in Stockholm, Sweden for one year.  Two suitcases (both weighing under 50 lbs each) and two carry-ons held the contents of my past life that I was bringing with me to Sweden.

My intent of this blog is to keep those who are closest to me informed about my life through photos and small captions.  I assume most of you don't have hours a day to spend on the computer (like myself) tweeting and pinning and facebooking and instagramming and reading blogs, so I will try to keep the writing to a minimum.  After all, a photo is worth 1,000 words right?  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! I am also an American who is going to Au Pair in Sweden soon (Waxholm area) and I have found your blog so helpful! I would love any advice, if you have any to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! I realize this post is from a while ago, but I was so excited to find your blog..I'm currently an au pair for a family in Stockholm (also living in lidingo) and i'm also from Seattle! I've only been here a week but I can already tell your blog is super relatable and I will definitely be using it as a guide :)

    Quinn
    q.brasel@aol.com

    ReplyDelete