Monday, November 19, 2012

Barcelona

My host family went on vacation for ten days, and so I decided to do the same.  I flew to Barcelona for a long weekend and met up with some friends.  The weather was in the upper teens C, or upper 60's F.  The sun was always shining and it felt so warm compared to the freezing temperatures in Stockholm. It was nice not only being in the sunshine, but getting out of Stockholm to see everything that I was taking for granted. For example, how Swedes speak such great english, how clean the city of Stockholm is, and how nice and genuine Swedes are.
 Parc Guell on a hill, looking over the city.  Gaudi's park.
 Gaudi

 My friends arrived one day later than I in Barcelona, so I had one day to kill before they got there.  These were my three hostel roommates.  We were four girls all traveling alone, so we decided to spend the day together. They were from Spain, Russia and China.

Parc Guell- Gaudi
View of the city from Parc Guell.

 Parc Guell on a different day with my friends.

 Yay Barca! 
 Center of Barcelona
  Market off of La Rambla (a big shopping street)
 Each stand has spices, candy, meat, juice, produce, and fish piled high.

 The beach


Sagrada Familia with Monica, my friend from Seattle.



Gaudi's work is all so beautiful. The church is absolutely breathtaking.  
 Up in the towers of Sagrada Familia.  It was so pretty to be there right when the sun was setting on the beautiful city of Barcelona.


Standing above where the bars and clubs are right on the beach.
The Ice Bar cost 15 Euro (23ish dollars) to get in and that includes a jacket and gloves to use while you're there, and one drink.  Everything in the bar is made of ice, the sculptures, benches, walls, the bar, even the glasses you drink out of.  By the time Monica and I ordered and received our drinks we were freezing our butts off, and wanted to leave.  So we ended up chugging our drinks and getting out of there.  
Our drinks with the glasses actually made out of ice, sitting on the ice bar.
I thought I went to Barcelona to warm up?
 Party scene in Barcelona. (It is worth going to Barcelona just to see the clubs and the nightlife) We probably had a little too much fun that weekend.
 Monica and I

 The girls and a group of Swedish Business men that we met (and that bought us drinks). Wherever I go, I just can't get away from the Swedes.

Monica and I overlooking the beach and watching the sunset.
The lovely ladies I spent a weekend I will never forget with.  I had such an amazing time in Barcelona, but by the time it was time to leave, I felt ready to go back to Stockholm.  And most importantly I felt like I was going home. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment